Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New Houses

Don't get me wrong.  I love my house.  We worked so hard to get it, and we've worked so hard to make it pretty(er).  Show it some love.

But as I realize that almost every single room of my house has been painted/updated/decorated, what am I going to do now?

My husband and I have been entertaining the idea of buying a duplex for investment opportunities.  Certainly not for flipping (there's no market in that, silly) but to slowly collect real estate until we're fabulously wealthy.  The get-rich-slowly method.

Anyhoo, all this checking out duplexes makes me check out other houses...houses that are not mine.  Houses in the country.  How I long for more than a 1/4 acre and a place to have a dog.  I would love to have a dog.

Here are the homes in my greater area that I pine for:

House #1: Wayyyyy out of any price range I can even imagine, but it has everything I want...Country!

Exposed rafters!

A SPIRAL FREAKING STAIRCASE!

A patio AND a deck!  (So you can observe the country)
That's one house I will be sad over.  Here's another:

House #2: Country!  Between 20 and 50 acres!!!

Porch!

Yay!
And I didn't show you the inside because it was dark and ugly.  But you know what? That's what decorating is for!!!


Not in the country, but it has a big yard and is an adorable Victorian! I want!

And this one's just so terribly ugly inside, I wouldn't be able to wait to get my hands on it!

And that would be what I'm pining at this moment.

P.S. - I sold a necklace to Australia yesterday!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment